This year, just about everything is the same with a couple of notable exceptions,
What's the same:
- It was held on the last Sunday of October.
- The race singlet looks pretty much the same with minor tweaks.
- The event area is at Marina Barrage.
- The route is very similar with much of the first half at East Coast Park, then running around Marina East before running past Gardens By The Bay and Marina Bay Sands to the U-turn near the Promontory.
- Even the stupid incline at the 16km mark is back despite runners (like me) bitching about it last year.
- My favorite part of the race: free food after the race
What's not the same:
- 10km category is introduced.
- Instead of black, the finisher's polo is now dark blue to match the race singlet. Nice.
- This is a big one: no pacers.
This morning, my time was 2 hours 53 minutes, not that pacers would've made a difference.
Having barely recovered from my recurring Achilles tendinitis, I have been holding back on my training for fear of the pain coming back.
I'm just glad I made it under three hours.
In the box are pineapple rice and a springroll. I regret getting the vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate, but free food is free food.
DAY-AFTER UPDATE: My Achilles tendinitis came back again.
EARLIER: Taking the shorter Newton Challenge